Tuesday 24th May
ubloquity appoints Dom Burch as its Strategic Comms Director
The UK’s foremost digital chain of provenance expert ubloquity is delighted to announce the appointment of Dom Burch as its strategic communications director. Since leaving Asda in 2016, Dom has built a successful marketing communications consultancy with a roster of high profile clients including Superdry, N Brown, L.L.Bean, NSF International and Accolade Wines.
Rob Chester, ubloquity’s CEO said: “I’ve worked alongside Dom for the best part of two decades, including when we were both at Asda, and more recently when I was MD at NSF. I’m delighted he has chosen to join the team at ubloquity on a more permanent and full-time basis. His ability to tell our story and communicate effectively is priceless.”
Dom joins the ubloquity senior leadership team with immediate effect alongside John Buxton, commercial director who put pen to paper earlier this month.
Kieran Kelly, ubloquity’s co-founder and CTO added: “Dom has a no-nonsense approach to comms and has already helped shape our brand. As a consultant he was instrumental in helping us win several prestigious awards this year. So, I’m personally delighted he’s joined the company as a colleague. He brings a different dimension to discussions around the leadership table and an energy and enthusiasm that’s infectious.”
ubloquity was founded in July 2021, following a successful round of seed funding where it secured more than £2m from early investors. It currently employs 12 people and has a projected strong year one revenue.
Dom said: “Since leaving Asda, I’ve always said it would need to be something really special to tempt me out of self-employment. ubloquity is just that – an amazing group of people, and a truly exciting product. The opportunity to be part of a company that is scaling quickly and has the potential to underpin some major international projects was too good to miss.”
Notes for editors:
- ubloquity is an award-winnng start-up based near Banbridge. In April it was recognised by FSB Northern Ireland as the Start-Up Business of the Year. Kieran Kelly, CTO and co-founder is also a finalist in the Innovative Start-Up category in the Northern Ireland region of the National Start-Up Awards. And Ellen Marks, ubloquity’s agri tech manager was awarded the One to Watch in the Future award in the Women In Tech Awards. The awards are organised by Women in Business, Northern Ireland’s leading support network for women in the workplace.
- ubloquity specialises in creating the foundational platform required to underpin a digital trust network. It’s blockchain technology captures multiple sources of data, processes and verifies that data, enabling the trust ecosystem to function, while delivering value to each participant in the network.
- ubloquity originated as a food provenance platform, enabling customers to trace their products back to the most relevant start point in the supply chain.
- Now its technology underpins a unique end-to-end solution to improve transport security and enable frictionless trade across borders, with the potential to revolutionise how goods move back and forth between countries, speeding up regulatory checks saving hauliers time and money.
- Because ubloquity can prove the origins of products and capture each step of a complex supply chain, it can deliver real-world benefits such as reducing instances of food fraud or preventing shipment of fake medicines
For more information or to arrange an interview with John, please contact: